The minimum system requirements for Sprint are:
- 300 Mhz processor or higher
- 512 MB RAM or more
- 500 MB available disk space
- sound card
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher
- Microsoft Word 2007 (32 bits only) or higher to use the Sprint toolbar when working on the SprintoPlus USB-stick
The following operating systems are fully supported:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
The following operating systems are not or only partially supported:
- Windows 8 RT
- Windows 10S
- iOS (read Is Sprint Plus compatible with a Mac/Apple?)
SprintPlus can currently only be run in the Microsoft Windows environment. It cannot be used directly on a Mac.
There are, however, ways of having SprintPlus run on Apple computers. You can either use software that emulates the Windows environment, like Parallels (http://www.parallels.com/eu/) or you can have your Intel-based Apple boot up in Windows using Boot Camp (http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/).
SprintPlus can be used on tablets that run within Microsoft Windows' desktop environment. Unfortunately, they can not (yet) be used on iPads or Android tablets.
- tablets with Windows 7
- tablets with Windows 8
- tablets with Windows 8.1
- tablets with Windows 10
- tablets with Windows 8 RT
- tablets with Android
This is possible with the free Sprint Viewer. You can even prepare or correct the files, a perfect tool for teachers.
SprintPlus is not a 'cure' but it is in first instance an aid. The use of software for learning difficulties like dyslexia offers support at different levels. It improves reading skills, spelling and writing. It also helps to bring structure and to study faster.
SprintPlus can be useful with young children as a support and a practise tool. It can read text out loud and help you prepare your lessons. SprintPlus can also be a great tool when learning foreign languages. It has proven its efficiency in the field of education, from primary and secondary to higher education. Adults with reading difficulties can also use SprintPlus.
The SprintPlus serial number (SPRXXXXX) can be found in the SprintPlus menu under the tab File > Info if you have SprintPlus 2. Are you already working in SprintPlus 3? Go to "Help" in the ribbon and click on "Info". It can also be found on the SprintoPlus USB-stick or HASP key and on the packaging of your software product. Please always mention your serial number when contacting us.
If you order an option like SprintOCR or upgrade, you can also fill out the serial number(s) in your shopping cart (see field "serial number"). If you are ordering multiple upgrades, you can fill out the different serial numbers separated by a comma.
- The yearly subscription or fixed web license can be installed on an unlimited amount of devices (pc's, laptops or Windows tablets). You can work on 3 devices simultaneously.
- An individual SprintPlus pack (via DVD) can be installed on two computers. These two installations are intended for one user.
- SprintoPlus, the USB-version of SprintPlus, can be used on any Windows computer, whenever and wherever you want. SprintPlus does not need to be installed on a device.
- A school pack (via DVD) can be installed on 5 computers or laptops. These 5 installations must take place on computers of one school or school community.
- The SprintoPlus school pack contains 5 USB-sticks. These sticks can be used in school or school community and are not meant for resale.
- A network version allows different users to work simultaneously with SprintPlus on each computer that is connected to the network. The network key (dongle) controls how many users may work simultaneously.
To install SprintPlus on several computers in a network you can download for example PsExec.
- Make a folder on the server and copy the content of the SprintPlus CD to it.
- Share this folder with the entire network and make sure the user of the script has access to it.
- Execute following command: "psexec computername -u user -p password serverfoldernamesetup.exe verysilent". This will start the installation in the background.
- Instead of the computername you can also fill in @computerlist.txt. Make sure this file stands next to PsExec, with in it the names of all the computers on which SprintPlus needs to be installed.
- If you want to install SprintPlus on all the computers in the domain, fill in * instead of computername.
This option needs to be activated in the Voice Settings.
- Click the Voice Settings symbol under Settings. The Voice Settings appear on your screen.
- Check Speak while typing.
If you want Sprint to read everything you type in all programs, then activate Sprinter and right-click the purple square that appears on your desktop. Select Settings in the submenu and check Speak while typing in all applications. You also need to enable this for Word!
- Sprint needs to be activated. If Sprint isn't activated, the speech while typing won't work.
You can read texts on the internet with the Sprinter button. FYI: SprintPlus needs to be activated if you want to work with the Sprinter button.
1. Go to "Extra" > "Sprinter" on the Start tab or right-click the Sprint icon at the bottom of the screen (next to the clock) and select Sprinter. You now can see the Sprinter button on the screen.
2. Select the text you want Sprint to read.
3. Then click the Sprinter button. The button changes into a square as Sprint reads the text. Click the square to stop the speech.
Do you want to change the language, the reading speed or the Sprinter's size? Simply right-click the Sprinter button and choose your option from the settings menu.
You can make your text on paper readable by using OCR (Optical Character Recognition), in other words text recognition software.
Scanning a document can be compared to making a picture of this document. This picture (or image) does not contain any text. The OCR software will recognize the text in the image and convert the scanned document into a document containing readable digital text.
Besides a scanner, you also need OCR software. Most scanners and for example, the Windows tablet are delivered with OCR software. If you do not have OCR software, you can opt for the SprintOCR module (optional).
You can disable the following features:
- the word prediction (Skippy),
- and/or the spell checker.
Go to File > Permissions and deselect the features you want to disable. You can set a password to protect these settings. You must restart sprint before the new settings will take effect. Changes made on SprintoPlus will only have an effect on the USB-stick, for other types of installation the changes are saved on the device.
When you have a SprintPlus web license or annual subscription, you can make your own SprintPlus-stick. This way you have the advantages of the web license together with those of a USB-stick version.
Check here how to make your own SprintPlus stick.
After the purchase of the SprintOCR option, you have to follow these steps to activate the module:
- Make sure SprintPlus is not running. Close Microsoft Word and all SprintPlus applications.
- Install the latest version of SprintPlus
- Install the latest version of SprintOCR
- Reactivate your SprintPlus licence. If you are using a SprintoPlus USB stick or a network dongle you have to use the Activation page. In case of a DVD licence, you have to deactivate the licence via File > Info > Update licence and reactivate the licence afterwards.
It's possible to order this option afterwards. If so, please fill out your serial number when ordering.
You can pay with CreditCard, Maestro or Ideal in our webshop. Pre-payment by money transfer is also possible. Business customers or schools that wish to order by invoice, can always transmit their order to email@example.com.